Noam Chomsky - The Mafia Principle of Global Hegemony
The world’s most influential living intellectual, Noam Chomsky, holds forth on the root causes of the conflicts in the Middle East and talks about hopes for future social change. The renowned foreign policy critic and linguist brings the full force of his rapier-like mind and deadpan wit to bear in slicing through mainstream misconceptions—many of them intentional—about the internal and external politics of Iran and Israel/Palestine. Chomsky eloquently contextualizes the pow- er of the Israel lobby and the centrality of the U.S. in resolving the underlying antagonisms in the Middle East, as well as weighing in on how U.S. public opinion has shifted over the past several decades and addressing various positive directions for activism.
“Chomsky is a global phenomenon…perhaps the most widely read voice on foreign policy on the planet.”
—New York Times Book Review
- Two Salient Middle East Issues
- Iran and the "International Community"
- Iran and the "Mafia Principle"
- Anti-Missile Systems as a First Strike
- All Israeli Settlements are Illegal
- The Right of Self-Defense by Force
- Israel and Hamas
- The U.S. Should Be the Target of Activism
- Why the U.S. Must Pull Out of Afghanistan Immediately
- How Young Activists Have Transformed the U.S.
- One State Solution or Two?
- The Coup in Honduras
- U.S. Public Opinion and Israel
Catalog Number: ROOT-CD-0015